Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Flapper ala DDD (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives)

At the end of Monday, I told Arnold I can not do the 2-week Herbalife diet. And as usual, he's ever so supportive, aggreeing that I just cut-off the rice. I've started reading two diet philosophies, the Super-Charged Southbeach Diet (which I downloaded from www.englishtips.org) and the DASH diet. I think I downloaded it too, from where I forgot.

But, when Papabols woke me up today (Tuesday) at 4am (Alex asked him to wake me up) to make breakfast for Alex. As requested, I made the flapper inspired by the show on foodnetwork, DDD. And unfortunately, I could not resist trying it. And so did Papabols, hehehe. The difference was, I did not the "brie" cheese, so I settled for the cream cheese I so happened to have, which worked well as it balanced out the sweetness of the apple in "liquidy" caramel syrup which was made by caramelizing brown sugar with honey, a pinch of cinammon and apples. It's supposed to be wedges, but since Alex had braces, I cut it into smaller pieces. And here it is :-)


Papabols said it's yummy! Sira ang diet, so he made up for it by biking indoors as it was raining this morning :) I could do with some of his discipline! Haaay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment